Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sometimes It's All For the Weekend

    My apologies for taking such a long time to post again! This week has been Bee Uoo eSss Yii BUSY! Up until this week, I've been pretty good at going to bed at a decent hour, however now that is not the case! Some nights I was up past 3 A.M., but hey, that's the life of a college student! (or high school student, or busy parent, etc., etc...)
    School:
      Classes are going pretty well. I am finally starting to enjoy my Western Literature class, which is nice. We are reading the Odyssey right now and I really enjoy it! Although I do wish we only had to read one or two chapters a night instead of five... Spanish is...well I don't know. Sometimes I feel really good about Spanish and think I'm actually understanding it but then the irregular verbs such as "gustar" get thrown at us and get all messed up because I'm barely getting the hang of "ser." You Spanish speakers know what I'm talking about. I don't currently have anything else I really want to say about any of my other classes. But...
    Work:
      Work is great! We just started up again this week and I am so excited! I love my job. I work as a student ambassador at the Southern Virginia University call center. We mostly call prospective students and donors, and I just enjoy it so much! I enjoy helping the University that I love so much grow. Already it has been cool to see the new Freshmen walking around campus and talking to them and realizing that a good handful of them are here because of I phone call that I made! It makes me happy :) Plus I have an awesome boss and awesome co-workers, the hours are nice, and it makes me feel productive.
    Cross Country:
      I started running pretty consistently this week! I didn't do all the same workouts as the team, but I'm working my way back to running with them regularly. I am so extremely grateful at the rate in which my ankle has been able to heal. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have been right there with me this entire time and I know that I have been blessed. I'm so grateful I was able to receive a priesthood blessing from a friend who is striving to uphold his priesthood duties and being a good friend to me.
    Church:
      Church was really good today. It makes me sad and disappointed in myself because since it's been such a busy week, I've felt that my spirituality wasn't as up to par as I would like it to be. I taught Sunday school today and it went really well, even though I was a little rushed. Yesterday was the Relief Society broadcast and I was so grateful for that because it really lifted my spirits.

    I also had the wonderfully amazing opportunity to go to the temple in Washington, D.C. yesterday with a small group of girls on the cross country team with me. We were all really sleep deprived and it had been a busy, stressful week for each of us, so it was so nice to be able to go to the temple and feel the comfort of the Holy Ghost. I have so much to be grateful for and I know it. Please enjoy the pictures of this beautiful House of God.


Shelbi, Leah, Jacey and [Me].





 

   The week was rough, but the weekend was really enjoyable. Sometimes it's all for the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment