Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Crutches Like to Party Too!

    The weekend arrived and I was kind of nervous that I would just feel lame because it's hard to have fun with crutches...however, the weekend was still super fun! Acting class was very entertaining and it was fun using my crutches as props in an exercise similar to charades. On Friday night I went to an Elephant Shortcut concert, followed by a dance. I only stayed at the dance for about half an hour, but I didn't let my crutches stop me from dancing! Except dancing on one leg is a little more difficult than using both legs, and I got tired really fast. On Saturday I went with the team to the cross country meet on a Civil War battlefield in New Market, VA. It was really cool and even though it was disappointing not being able to run, I had a good time cheering the team on. When we got home, after I did physical therapy and took a nap, I went to a luau at the Institute followed by a surprise birthday party for my lovely roommate, Delaney Gustafson! This morning I got a call at 7:30 from Patrick. He was really sick and did not feel able to come to church, so he asked me to teach the Sunday school lesson again...I prepared for it in thirty minutes, but I think it went really well and the spirit was so strong! It's been a good weekend. :)

Spencer and I both got injured on the same course! It's not exactly fun being injured, but at least we're in it together!

Spencer and I enjoying the Elephant Shortcut concert with our crutches

My team :)

The vistor's center at the New Market Battlefield

Ice bath! (the bubbles make it look warm, but don't be deceived - it was 40 degrees!)


Delaney and I :) (DG squared)


No comments:

Post a Comment